Invest in Your Literary Community
Donations to Lighthouse support:
- The Young Writers Program, with free creative writing workshops at schools and youth centers, summer writing camps, and after-school programs serving over 1,700 young writers this year.
- Community literary events like the Writer's Buzz and The Draft.
- Writing events including Friday 500, Writing Hours, and Write-a-thons.
- Writership tuition assistance to keep those starving artists learning and writing.
- Visiting authors for Fly-By Writer's & Writer’s Studio. We couldn't bring people like Junot Diaz, Mary Karr, Jennifer Egan, Mark Doty, Cheryl Strayed, Lauren Groff, and Steve Almond to Lighthouse without the additional support of donors and sponsors.
When you donate, you can designate your gift for a specific purpose, or have us apply it where it is most needed. Donate now online or mail a check to Lighthouse at 1515 Race Street, Denver, CO 80206. For other options, questions, gifts in honor or memorial, you can also contact Laurie Wagner, Development Director, by email or call (303) 297-1185. Thank you!
Lighthouse can now accept vehicle donations!
Get that car or boat off the blocks in the front yard and donate it. We're partnering with Vehicles for Charity, a branch of ARC, who will take care of towing, title, all the gory details. They keep a mere 30% for taking care of all the hassle, even towing, and then send the rest to Lighthouse. You get the full tax deduction. Click here to get started.
The Terry Dodd Memorial Scholarship
Over the years, Lighthouse instructor Terry Dodd coached and mentored hundreds of students in his playwriting workshops. The Terry Dodd Memorial Writers Scholarship honors that legacy by allowing aspiring writers to develop their craft in Lighthouse workshops. To contribute to the scholarship fund, click here.