GRAND LAKE RETREAT
July 10-15, 2016
Join Lighthouse Writers Workshop in the scenic mountain town of Grand Lake, Colorado, to immerse yourself in writing, reading, and creative discovery with a community of like-minded writers.
Each day participants attend workshops and activities, sit in on book talks, and share work at fireside readings, all with the goal of inspiring new ideas, new writing, and new ways of seeing. Workshops are focused on generating fresh work and rethinking integral elements of craft, and they offer a combination of writing exercises and lectures on specific topics. Because of this focus, there are no formal writing critiques.
REGISTRATION: Follow the links below to reserve your spot.
Workshops Only (if you have your own accommodations--check out the Rapids Lodge for single rooms)
Double Room Reservation
Triple Room Reservation
Meals & Workshops Only (if you have your own accommodations but want to join the gang for meals)
Click here to view the full brochure.
ACTIVITIES: Participants can pick and choose between a variety of workshop offerings each day of the retreat.
Classes will include (subject to change):
- The Story of Your (Writing) Life: Building & Maintaining a Creative Practice with Andrea Dupree
- The Big Picture with Jennifer Itell
- Stealing From Genre with Jennifer Itell
- Musical Antimatter: Stanza Forms with Chris Ransick
- Structure: Burning the Candle at Both Ends with Karen Palmer
- The Modular Memoir or Essay with Michael Henry
- Hike and Write with Michael Henry
- Love at First Sight: Characterization That Hooks Your Reader Hard with Erika Krouse
Book talks will include (subject to change):
- Crash Course: Essays from Where Writing and Life Collide by Robin Black; discussion led by Andrea Dupree
- Madness, Rack, and Honey by Mary Ruefle; discussion led by Chris Ransick
- The Price of Salt: Or Carol by Patricia Highsmith; discussion led by Karen Palmer
- The Story of a New Name by Elena Ferrante; discussion led by Erika Krouse
Details and course descriptions for the 2016 retreat can be found by viewing our brochure, here.